Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University (GSA-KU), will open the winter exchange program from December 2021 to January 2022. This is the online program through Zoom and YouTube, a collaboration between Kyoto University and its partner universities, including IPB University. Students from other partner universities will join as well.
14 online-lectures/virtual site visits and 5 Student Exchange events are provided in this program. The topic covers most of the field in GSA-KU: Agronomy, Horticulture, Forest, Food, Microbes, Environments, and so on. KU’s students are preparing students exchange program, including virtual sight-seeing and online social activities. All divisions of GSA-KU will provide the contents focusing on junior, senior, and master course students who are curious about the wide range of agricultural science.
The program will be held on Saturday and Sunday from December 18th 2021 to February 6th 2022. The participants who complete the program will receive the certificate of the completion.
Because of educational effects and physical limitation of the platform, the committee set 2 courses in this program and limit the number of students which may attend each course.
- Full Attendance Course: Capacity is 5 for IPB students. The students are requested to join all the events of the program, including the group work and final workshop.
- Partial Attendance Course: Capacity is 10 for IPB students. Students can freely select the program events including online lectures, virtual site visits, student exchange events, and laboratory tours in a la carte style. These students only cannot join the group work and final workshop.
The program is free and intended for the following participant criteria:
- Undergraduate students in the 5rd semester and above
- Active students from any faculties in IPB may join this program.
- Having a good skill in English.
- Must be connected well to the internet with stable speed for Zoom and YouTube.
For those who are interested, please prepare the documents below in PDF format with the size respectively no more than 1 MB. If the number of applicants exceeds our capacity to perform the interview, these documents will be used for scoring and eliminating some applicants. Last year, the number of applicants exceeded the expected number. So please understand this situation.
- Motivation letter: The statement should not exceed 300 words. The format could be downloaded here https://bit.ly/MotivationWP21
- Curriculum vitae: You do not need to provide private information such as birth date or home address. The most important are things that can represent your strengths, e.g. achievements in any events or organization in which you have joined. Please attach Photograph. The brief CV is OK.
- Latest Academic Transcript: You just need to submit the latest academic transcript in BAHASA INDONESIA.
- Evidence of English Proficiency: You may submit IELTS, TOEFL ITP, TOEFL iBT, TOEIC, or others (official or prediction is allowed).
- Active Student Certificate: i.e. Surat Keterangan Mahasiswa Aktif. This document must be in English and mentioning your full name, student ID, current semester, major, and faculty. Please contact your administration office.
Registration Steps and Selection Process
- Prepare the required documents above
- Consider carefully which kind of courses you want to apply (Full Attendance Course or Partial Attendance Course)
- Fill in the following Google Form and upload all required documents there: https://bit.ly/GFormWP2021dec (deadline of submission is November 30th 2021, 23.59 WIB)
- The result of document screening will be announced on the following days after submission deadline through email (please regularly check your email).
- The interview in English will be conducted online through Zoom. We will ask your schedule as soon as possible. The interviewers are three lecturers of IPB University.
- The announcement of final results will be through email.
All students can receive one of the program completion certificates depending on the course joined (partial- or full-attendance student)
Other Events Planned
- Lecturers from Partner University
- Students Exchange Program organized by KU’s students
- Laboratory Visits
- Cambodia: Royal University of Agriculture
- Indonesia: IPB, ITB, UGM, Mulawarman University, Tanjungpura University
- Taiwan: National Chung Hsing University, National Taiwan University
- Thailand: Kasetsart University, Khon Kaen University, Mahidol University
- This program may be transferred into 2 credits in IPB. Last year, the students who attended at least 11 lectures and 5 events (from 12 lectures and 6 events) and submitted additional summary got mark AB. A was given for those who attended 12 lectures and 6 events, and submitted additional summary. This year, the lectures and events are expected to be 14 and 5 respectively. 1 lecture is 100 minutes and 1 event is around 60 minutes.
- In case you fail to obtain the active student certificate until November 30th 2021 due to technical issues on administration office, please let me know.
- A tentative schedule can be downloaded here https://bit.ly/TentativeScheWP2021dec
Lecturers in Charge
Dr Ernan Rustiadi (Coordinator of IPB-KU Collaboration)
Dr Nurhayati (Program-specific Associate Professor)
Dr Andrea Emma Pravitasari (Program-specific Assistant Professor)